Thursday, July 30, 2015

Trucks and Triangles

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Terrence and Becca,  had a sweet baby boy back at the end of May.  I hate to confess that this quilt has been done for over a month, I just didn't get around to taking pictures of it until now.  I have good excuses, I promise.



At the beginning of June, we had to temporarily relocate our family to Camden, Arkansas for the summer.  Jared's job had a project that needed done in an area where there was no one and they asked him to go work on it.  It has been quite the adventure.  The major bonus is that I have had more free time than usual and I have been getting a lot of sewing done.  I made this quilt and I have worked on several more UFOs (some of which have been sitting neglected for more than 7 years!).
This is a photo of a cute little train station in town that has been turned into a visitor's center.


Terrence and Becca love the color green, but I couldn't bring myself to not include any blue.
I made it out of solids so it would be bold and graphic.  I quilted it with just one row around the middle of free motion quilting on my new Janome 6600 (love that thing).



 The quilting is hard to see, but it is cars and trucks and little semis. 
 I love the boy aspect that it adds to the quilt. 
It is backed in a green dot minky to make it nice and soft for the sweet baby.
Finished size is 48" x 48" square.








1 comment:

  1. I love it! Super impressed with your quilting trucks and cars onto it! Good work! ;)

    ReplyDelete